Sunday, July 26, 2009

Roadside Couches

Ok, the Motel 6 in Bloomington did not have internet (the front desk people said something about dial-up, but...they didn't have internet. dial-up? wtf?), so I'm sitting here in St. Louis typing and watching Harry Potter 5 on HBO. It is a relief to be back in civilization. Anyway, this is the blog post for yesterday, or as much as I can remember about yesterday. All the cornfields blend together until you start to go slightly crazy, I swear to god. Anyway.

We got up the morning of July 25 in London, Ohio. There wasn't much there but some trucks and a Taco Bell, so we left at 10 and got on the road to the Creation Museum in northern Kentucky. And then it thunderstormed really, really hard and there was streak lightening and everything and it occurred to me as I was driving that I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF A TORNADO OMG OMG OMG. Um, but there weren't any tornadoes and by the time we pulled in to Kentucky the rain had mostly stopped. Pulling in to Kentucky, by the way, was quite an experience. We basically went around these smokestacks that were absolutely belching smoke out in to the air

and then we went over a bridge and there was a "Welcome to Kentucky" sign and right next to was, seriously, a couch. Just chillin' on the side of the road. And then we got to the Creation Museum. It was very busy (like, they made is park in a field not made for parking and it was very muddy level busy) and we waited on line for half an hour to see creepy children hangin' with dinos. And I'm pretty sure we were the only ones there who didn't believe that was the absolute truth and it worries me. A lot.
Creepy animatronic demon child.


That's Adam, naked and without shame (as the voiceover thing kept repeating) and maybe gettin' it on with a lamb, in the background. And me, in the foreground, clothed and shameful at the fact that we gave these people money.


This is Jamie with a stegasaurus just like it was back in the Garden of Eden. Trufax.

And there are a bunch more photos of everything on my facebook here which you should go look at so you can learn, for example, that screwing your siblings was not looked down upon in early Biblical times. Woo!

So after that we drove through some cornfields and my eyes glazed over and I've never been so bored in my life. We were also in Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana (3 states!) in the space of ten minutes, which was mildly exciting. And in Ohio we saw this cornfield that wasn't a space so much of an absence of space. It was the most empty thing I have ever seen. And, I mean, we've seen a lot (a lot) of cornfields in the past few days, but this one was just so...empty. I can't even...oh dear.

And so anyway more cornfields blahblahblah and we drove through cornfields and past a bunch of churches and some more cornfields and some more churches and then we got to Bloomington, which was nice enough. But we didn't have internet so we decided to leave for the concert early and walk around town. The venue was like a 25 minute walk, so we were like, "yeah! exercise!" and then ten minutes later it was still 85F out and we were like, "Why did we do this?" I don't know. And we walked around town for a while and pretty much the only stores that were open were bars, so there wasn't much to do. We got honked at (in the space of a 20 minute walk) 6 times, and whistled at once, and it was creepy. We are really only averagely attractive people especially when red and sweaty, so we came to the conclusion that most people in Indiana are kind of ugly. Um, then we went to that concert and got covered in other people's sweat and then we walked home (SUCKED!) and showered the gross man sweat off and went to bed.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure attractive in Kentucky is having a full set of teeth. So you two are quite the catch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually we were in Indiana. But same thing, I think.

    ReplyDelete