Monday, July 27, 2009

Jack Snacking, Bruise Musing, and General Late Night Dumbassery

It's not even that late. Friggin' time zone change. Anyway, I guess eating weird foods for no apparent reason is a result of being very overtired and very very sore. Let's start with the BBQ Pork Skins. They were in the vending machine and they looked gross. We decided to buy them and see.
I had a feeling they would not smell good.
They didn't.

Didn't look good either.Or taste good. So much for that.

Katie and I then checked our legs for bruises, which there are an alarming amount of. There are pictures but the camera did not do the bruises justice at all, so no piccys for you. I'm sure the words black and blue, swollen, achy, sore, scraped, red, and numerous conjure up the right images. But so worth it. We love you City Museum of St. Louis.

Now I don't know if this happens to anyone else (I hope to God it does), but when I see food on TV I almost immediately crave that food. We were watching Food Network and they were talking about chili and stuff with melted cheese and meat and deliciousness, so I decided to walk the 30 seconds from the hotel parking lot to the Jack in the Box next door even though I had heard that someone died from eating their tacos. The floor was sticky. The ceiling was leaky. The cashier was dreadlocked and a little spacey (coughHIGHcough). He mumbled a question at me after I ordered, mumbled an apology, mumbled an explanation that sounded like "sometimes I get confused," and took 10 minutes to give me my cheeseburger, bacon cheddar potato wedges, and fruit cup (yay nutrition!).
Look at that quality meal. The bag claims "We don't make it 'til you order it," which was true if the suspicious streak of grease running down the side of the bag was any indication.

I really ought to go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Words of advice: meat out of a vending machine = NEVER A GOOD IDEA

    ReplyDelete