While I've packed absolutely everything else I'd ever need to survive, I seem to have forgotten the little bitty USB plug that would download pictures from my camera onto Katie's computer. We tried to use the card reader but it almost ate my camera card thing, so I guess we'll be using Katie's camera for the rest of the trip. The pictures everyone is unfortunately missing include:
~A car from Minnesota with a license plate that says "U HO". There are some numbers afterwards but the U HO still stands. We creepily followed that car for several seconds while I took picture after picture. Minnesota car probably thinks that all East-coasters are freaks.
~A Quaker Steak and Lube. Restaurant thing. Seriously.
~Some hills. There was a little scenic overlook behind this gas station/BBQ place (where we pumped our own gas and coined the term "gas n' ribs".
~A Goodyear factory. Which reminds me of a truck we passed that was pulled off to the side. Judging by the smell, a tire was on fire.
And Katie pretty much covered the rest. I did some heroic driving, we passed an ADULT SUPERSTORE, we did battle with trucks, we ate Ritz crackers, we got Taco Bell and the people behind us were not wearing leather and ordering everything fresco (without cheese), and I learned that cars actually do make that horrible screeching sound when you slam on the brakes (just like in movies!). So far, I'm happy with this trip.
Oh, so about the title: HEADS UP AP ENGLISH. We're all going to Mianus, Connecticut (yes, it's a real place) and wearing our AP-ness shirts so there will be AP-ness in Mianus. I didn't have the foresight to wait until Katie wasn't driving to tell her this. Bad idea. But oh, so good.
Friday, July 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
beautiful. just beautiful.
ReplyDelete