Tuesday, June 16, 2009

One Month Later...

Crap, I meant to post something yesterday. But there's actual semi-news or something like that today, so I guess it works. I can't believe it's June already and there's only like a month left before we leave and also that this seems to be happening at all because I propose all sorts of shitty ideas to people all the time and none of those ever come to fruition, so I don't know why this one is. Actually, I guess I might: thanks Jack Kerouac! Anyway...

So Jamie's parents seem loathe to give us this extra half week that we desperately need. Well, want. But I want it really hard. It's weird, of all the problems they could have with this plan, I didn't think giving us four more days would be the issue. But we'll work it out, I guess. But, really...can Katie and I and no adults go to the beach for a week and a half to chill with Katie's cousin and Katie's cousin's friend that you've never met? And the part that's going to get us in trouble is the "and a half"? Uh...sure.

So Jamie was at my house today (we were watching Helvetica, which was excellent and actually really funny, on its own merits and not just as a movie about a typeface) and we were talking about this and I proposed us going to the City Museum in St. Louis, which is basically the most awesome place ever. I met this girl on a college visit who recommended it highly - the words "playground for adults" "gigantic slide" and "huge ball pit" were involved. The website basically looks like someone took all my most fun dreams and built them. So we're almost definitely going. We're not doing exact dates so much, because we're going to a btmi show in Bloominton, Indiana on July 25 (yes, they play around here all the time, but why the fuck not?) and how long after that we remain in Bloomington depends on how much fun the place is. But I'm expecting not very. And after St. Louis off to Nashville and then home with maybe a stop because Nashville-Jefferson is like 14 hours. We can do all of this in a straight week, but not to the extent I want to (no time for side trips, little time for exploring, and so on), but if we can get until Monday it'd be much better. Even before that - every extra day just makes it easier. And better. There will be more time for pictures. I don't know. I want to go somewhere now, but I have to show up for graduation practice tomorrow and I think the school (and my parents, not even gonna lie) would be pissed if I missed graduation.

So...there's probably going to be more to post in the next month (packing lists! woohoo!) compared to the past two. I have maps to buy. I need to get on this shit now. I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment