Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Increasingly Attractive Plan X

First of all, I would like to make it known that Katie just informed me about this blog. We were in her room talking about Plan X and how my parents would be able to follow our road trip progress with our road trip blog. I asked when we were making a road trip blog to which Katie replies "I made a road trip blog."



Nobody tells me anything.



So all that aside, Plan X is probably the worst idea we've ever come up with. It's a bad bad bad bad horrible awful stupid idea and I totally want to do it. It goes a little something like "hey mom, I'm going to sleep over Katie's house tonight." Several hours later, "hey mom, we're on the way to Chicago and we'll be going to South Dakota and a couple of other cities and we'll be home in about a week and a half. I'm not being kidnapped or running away. Don't call the cops or the news. Kbye."

Essentially.

But seriously, there is some inescapable romantic appeal to just throwing all our shit in Katie's car with no regards for the opinions of our parents and taking off into the Unfamiliar American West before the sun has even come up. It's fantastic in a terribly irresponsible way. And the thing is, I'm not even sure how my parents would react. I mean, I'm sure they'd be a little miffed, but something like this from ME is totally unexpected. I've always done what I've been told and listened when I've been told no. Okay, I laughed after typing that. I really do a lot of things - and I mean a LOT of things - that I've been told not to (no, I will not elaborate). I've just been really good with lying about it. So doing something that my parents clearly disapprove of and being so obvious about it is as much of a shock to me as it will be to them. Difference is, I like the shock. It feels quite nice :)

And on a side note: Plan Y would be not coming home right up until it is time for both of us to leave for college. Plan Z is never coming home at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment