Thursday, July 9, 2009

People Who Have Warned Me That, If We Hear Banjos, We Should Flee: 2

So we leave in 2 weeks and I guess 14 or 15 hours. OMFG. I tend to measure things in weird ways (e.g. I know the end of school is coming up when the milk expiration is after it), so to put it another way: I did laundry today, and I will probably only do laundry again in preparation for us leaving. The next time I wash my clothes it will be to pack! So we're in final stages. Which, again, is weird after so many months of waiting, to suddenly be having to buy food and come up with fake beach activities and packing lists stuff. I figured out how to get Jamie's GPS to show the list of directions (it wasn't exactly hard, either. It was right under "Options". Fail, Jamie, for not noticing.).

We have somewhere in the works to stay every night. Ohio, Bloomington, and St. Louis actually have reservations. Alabama doesn't yet, because I'm not sure if we should do that yet or if we should wait until we get there and maybe bargain or something. Because the only hotel in Rogersville, Alabama (a town with 15 churches and 1,199 residents) costs like $10 more a night than what we're paying in St. Louis and, really, what the fuck is up with that? (We are missing the Bluegrass Festival by a week. I'm very upset.) And then Tennessee doesn't let you book campsites in their state parks, so we'll just have to hope there are still some open, I guess. So that's sleeping.

I don't know. I need to figure out how we're packing the car and what and how much I am bringing and also how I will ever finish Infinite Jest this summer. Also make more mixtapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment